What chemical components are found in Helichrysum Italicum?
Most viruses, fungi and bacteria cannot live in the presence of many essential oils, especially those high in terpenes like the helichrysum Italicum. This, perhaps, offers a modern explanation why the Old Testament prophet Moses used aromatic substances to protect the Israelites from the plagues that decimated the ancient Egyptians.
Monoterpenes. These chemicals are found in most essential oils, with citrus oils having a very large percentage of them. They have high antiseptic and tonic qualities and are very good air purifiers. They contain 10 carbon atoms. They are colorless and highly volatile. They can deteriorate very quickly therefore it needs to be kept at cool temperatures. Monoterpenes and compounds containing two isoprene units, which is ten carbon atoms and sixteen hydrogen atoms per molecule (C10H16) – molecular weight 136 amu for a hydrocarbon monterpene. There are an estimated 2,000 varieties of monoterpenes. While offering a variety of healing properties, the most important ability of the monoterpenes is that they can reprogram miswritten information in the cellular memory (DNA). With improper coding in cellular memory, cells malfunction which results in disease including lethal ones, such as cancer.
- Alpha fenchene
- Alpha pinene
- Beta Pinene
- Gamma terpinene
- These terpenes are not as volatile as monoterpenes. They contain 15 carbon atoms (hence the name ‘sesqui’ which means one and a half). Sesquiterpenes have a calming effect as well as being anti inflammatory and anti-infectious. Sesquiterpenes are compounds containing three isoprene units, which is fifteen carbons and twenty-four hydrogens per molecule (C15H24) – molecular weight 204 amu for a hydrocarbon sesquiterpene. There are more than 10,000 kinds of sesquiterpenes. Sesquiterpen molecules deliver oxygen molecules to cells, like hemoglobin does in the blood. Sesquiterpens can also reprogram miswritten codes in cellular memory. There are studies at the moment that could lead to prove that they are effective in fighting cancer. The root problem with a cancer cell is that it contains misinformation, and sesquiterpenes are believed to delete that garbled information. At the same time the oxygen carried by sesquiterpene molecules creates an environment where cancer cells could not reproduce. Hence, sesquiterpenes would deliver cancer cells a double punch – one that disables their coded misbehavior and a second that stops their growth.
- Alpha bergamotene
- Beta bergamotene
- Delta Cadinene
- Beta caryophyllene
- Alpha Copaene
- Alpha, Beta and Gamma curcumene act as anti-inflammatory agents
- Alpha selinene
- Beta selinene
- Monoterpinic Alcohols. Alcohols are also highly antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antibiotic. They are a good tonic to the nervous system and can stimulate the immune response.
- Alpha terpinol
- Terpinene 4 ol
- Monoterpinic oxides
- Are much stronger than esters but both have similar properties. They are a powerful antispasmodic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory. They are very gentle on the skin and particularly efficient in relaxing and rebalancing the nervous system.
- Neryl Acetate Properties
- Very high anti-radical activity
- Very significant multiplication of the production of collagen.
- Increase in cellular exchanges. Activation of the cutaneous microcirculation, which as corollary facilitates the elimination of waste products, and thus the revitalization of the cells and stimulation of the cutaneous biology.
- Neryl propionate
- Ketones Italidiones (stimulate cell regeneration and liquefy mucous. Ketones. In small doses, ketones can relax and sedate. They can promote the healing of scar tissues and are known to be anticoagulants. They can be useful in stimulating the immune system as well as treating respiratory complaints. Ketones possess superb ability to regenerate new cells and tissue.
- The properties of aldehydes are similar to the properties of both alcohols and ketones. They can calm the nervous system and they are anti-inflammatory. Aldehydes can be quite harsh however, and can cause major irritation to both the skin and mucous membranes.
- These chemicals have a relaxing and sedative effect. They are known to have properties that are anticonvulsant and anti-coagulant. Coumarins, in particular, furocourmains can be photosensitive therefore it is best to avoid exposure to the sun when using essential oils with these constituents.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are for educational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. Please consult your health care professional with any health-related concerns.